lag in phone call showing up on Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by andrewj, May 7, 2015.

1. andrewj macrumors member

Anyone else notice a lag between hearing a phone call on your iPhone and your Watch? I've noticed that it takes about 3 rings before it shows up on the Watch.

2. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

My phone just rang and the watch took about less than 2 seconds before it started vibrating too.

Bit off topic but...
    I was talking to a manager at the time with my phone on the desk so I subtly covered my watch with my hand and the phone muted, such a great feature!
    Was able to carry on the conversation without breaking eye contact or listening to my phone ringing away on the desk!

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Yes, I've noticed this too and it is especially annoying when my Mac and iPad start ringing before I can even see who is calling. Would love if there was a way to mute the ringing on other devices when the Watch was connected -- I don't care about making the person wait 3 rings.

4. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Why not turn the call taking off on your other devices? You're going to almost always have your watch with you - why not limit calls to the phone and watch?

Hmm...makes me if that isn't part of the lag - having to notify the other apple devices as part of the receiving process.

(btw - I did that long ago - always have my phone with me - no need to take the call on my iPad or Mac mini).

5. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

I have to admit I haven't seen a single call on my watch yet. Don't get calls that much, mostly text. But driving other day my watch didn't get the call. Might have been because my phone was connected to bluetooth in car so it only came through the radio touch screen. Not sure how it all works.

6. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

Yes I'm not getting calls until June...

7. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

I may try that. The reason I haven't yet, is because if I'm using my computer or iPad, then that is the most convenient place for me to see the notification. I love my  Watch, but when I'm sitting at my computer, I still look at it when I want to know the time.