Lag on brand new Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Techhie, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

I have has this quad core Mac Pro for a few weeks now, and I finally got around to buying another 24" monitor for it. Now that I have two running at 1920x1080 each, the animations for expose, dashboard, and spaces are lagging (seems frame-rated). I have tried switching the monitors' DVI connections on the mac, but to no avail. Has anyone been experiencing this as well? I am pretty sure it is not the lack of power of the standard GeForce 120 that's in this machine, it should be more than adequate to handle simple GUI things.

any advice?

2. Techhie thread starter macrumors 65816

Techhie

3. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

It probably does have something to do with the GPU, but it could also be a driver issue.

Too bad Nvidia does not develop their own updated drivers for OSX that you could install and test.

4. Techhie thread starter macrumors 65816

Techhie

If it is a driver issue, I would think all of the other people out there with this GPU and dual 24" displays would be speaking up

5. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

See if you can get a 2nd hand nvidia gt 120 card to test out if it has the same issues or not. I know hauling the Mac Pro to the Apple Store is a pain in the butt (done it myself once to get the bluetooth module installed once) so maybe you can ask apple to replace your nvidia GPU for another one?