Lag time between new version announcement and in store availability for mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DUNCVILLE, Feb 3, 2010.

1. DUNCVILLE macrumors member

Hi,

I'm a student in the uk. I'm visiting vegas in May (11-16th) and am just trying to work out what the likelihood is of a new mbp being released and available by then.

I guess by reading the threads that an announcement is likely in the next month or so - but i'm wondering what the usual lag time is between announcement and actual in store availability.

I mean, if it is announced in feb, is it likely to be in stock in store in mid may?

thanks for any help!

loving this site!

2. wesrk macrumors 6502a

Unless they mention the specific time when the new models are shipping, you can except new models in stores the next day, if not the same day as the announcement.

And they wouldn't say that the line is going to be updated and then say that the new models are coming "x" weeks/months from now, it would just be bad marketing.

3. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

it all depends... sometimes they appear the first day and sometimes they appear much later...

4. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

New MBPs are definitely going to be available day of update online. Apple Retail availability is usually next day or two. The flagship stores like 5th Ave. sometimes get updates same day.