Lag when opening apps in iOS 4.3/4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bbnck, Jul 16, 2011.

1. bbnck macrumors 6502

Sometimes when I open an app from the home screen there is lag where it doesn't animate when it opens, it just takes a split second longer to open and the app suddenly appears. Sometimes it can occur quite often.

Anyone else experiencing this sort of lag in iOS 4.3/4.3.3? I have an iPad 1.

2. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

It used to happen to me on my iPod touch 4G and iPad 1 on iOS 4.3.3. Since i jailbreak, i just deleted a certain line on a plist file on the devices and it fixed it completely. Everything opens up nice and smooth.

Closing apps? That's another matter entirely. Apps still quit without any animation when the device is out of ram.

3. bbnck thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your reply. Anyone else having this issue?

4. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

@steve, whats the line on the plist file did you delete? i dont notice anything. i mean i really cant catch half a second.

5. bbnck thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, if you notice it doesn't do the opening animation as you open an app from the home menu, then that's the problem I'm referring to. Things just seem a bit 'slower' as well, multitasking between different apps, etc.

6. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

7. bbnck thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, appears common then with iPhones too, then. Let's hope Apple fixes this in a future software update soon!