Lag whenever move my macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chaod, Feb 8, 2011.

1. chaod macrumors newbie

Lately whenever I pick up my macbook pro off my desk or move it from my desk to bed, it starts lagging and the spiraling ball appears. Every time it does this, it also makes this clicking noise, it sounds like something is not connected and makes the click sound. Please help, I've only had my mac for a bit over a year.

I've gotten the cord that connects the harddrive to the computer replaced before so it shouldn't be the same problem...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Aniday macrumors regular

Yeah, it's the sudden motion sensor. I turned that thing off a long time ago because I didn't want any slow down in read/write when I have the computer in my lap and shift my legs around gently.

It's really only useful if you're careless and bang the laptop around when transporting it. Here's how to turn it off using Terminal.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1934

I don't even think it works with my new harddrive, anyway... >.>

4. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I suppose you also drive around without wearing a seatbelt, walk under ladders, and cross in front of black cats on a regular basis too?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This is definitely NOT recommended! It's a good way to end up with a damaged hard drive.
    Sudden Motion Sensor is a component of Mac OS X. It works, regardless of which drive you have installed.

Apple Portables: About the Sudden Motion Sensor