Lag with Applications folder (Dock) "view as list" in 15" Retina Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cardsnk, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Cardsnk macrumors regular

Hi,

i have noticed this annoyance since day one i bought my rMBP (last year),
    used resolutions: best for retina, even the scaled ones.

from mountain lion to mavericks with latest 10.9.2. (model in signature). No smc reset or pram reset fixes the job. Does this occur to you guys?

Side note:
    I am so close at selling this machine as all of my forum post from here to apple's forum is mostly about lag. Bums me out at work. Even using graphic intensive apps, not games. 3d rendering apps, photogaphy apps, videography apps, drawing apps, Lag. :(

Is OSX to blame? Any workaround on resolution changes without sacrificing much on performance and screen quality?

2. jesuisdanny macrumors newbie

You're not alone.

I still haven't found a solution.. Have done clean install, another install through Time Machine. Outside of changing the display, I'm not sure what else to do.. I'm hesitant to do so because Genius bar might end up giving me a ****** Samsung display to replace my LG.

3. 3587 macrumors 6502a

There is no solution. They all do that with the Applications folder. Any other folder with a ton of stuff in it is just fine, it is just the Applications folder. Brought it to a Genius and we compared my Retina to other Macs, only showed with the Retina model. I have a 2012... Not sure it does it with the 2013's. They replaced the internals, still same issue.