Lag with external moniter from MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LouieSamman, Dec 1, 2010.

1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I have my MacBook Air hooked up to a 46" HDTV so that I can play games on the big screen.

Problem is, I notice a slight lag with the mouse when looking around in the game on the big screen.

When I look at the game from my MacBook Air there is no lag with the mouse.

I heard theres a mode called "clamshell" that would fix this but don't know where to find it or enable it.

Info on fixing the lag from the big screen so that games could be playable when watching from the big screen.

Thanks.

2. dissolve, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

dissolve macrumors 6502a

Clamshell mode just refers to running it with the MBA display off. You can do this by having everything plugged in, putting the notebook to sleep with the lid closed, and waking it with a usb/bluetooth mouse or keyboard. Similarly, you can open the lid and close real quickly as it wakes up. Post back if that fixes your problem...I'd be interested to see if it does.

3. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

So I did clamshell mode and waking the external monitor with my Magic Mouse by turning it on.

For the half second lag. I think it's gone. I honestly don't know it's hard to tell but I believe it's gone.

I guess moving my mouse on a very large screen feels different than on the 13" MBA.

I have it on Spanning mode.