Lagging like crazy in iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by AlphaVictor87, Sep 27, 2012.

1. AlphaVictor87, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Ok so the day i downloaded iOS 6 i thought it was great, nothing too dramatic, i liked all the small new incrimented new things they did. Still not a fan of the maps, but i do love that they have turn by turn so i guess i do like maps somewhat :p

Anyway over the past 3 days i've noticed that my phone (4s) has been lagging on things a lot. Exiting an app, switching pages on the home screen, sending an iMessage, bringing up the keyboard, waking it up from sleep, unlocking it.

Its already to the point that its locked up a few times and i've had to restart it. I tried searching the forums and the only thing i could find was someone having a 1 second lag when pressing the home button exiting a very graphic intensive app/game.

These lags i'm getting last anywhere from 4 seconds to 15. I've never had a problem like this before on my 4s. Has anyone else on their 4s experienced this?
    Even my wife who just has a 4 is not having these issues.

I'd rather not wipe it then restore from backup mainly because i sold my computer that had my itunes account on it, so i don't really have a way of getting the music back on my phone. I was just going to create a different user on my wife's PC and setting up a new iTunes there, but thats a huge hassle.

If its really what i need to do, then i will but as i'm sure everyone here would always want to take the easier route.

tl;dr - my 4s lags with simple tasks about 4 to 15 seconds at a time since iOS 6, very annoying, what can i do besides reset and restore from back up?

EDIT: just found out my wife's 4 has been having these lagging moments as well. HAHA

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Do you use iCloud? What I wold do is disable all iClouds first to see if it helps.

3. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

actually the only thing on iCloud that is on is photo stream, contacts and find my iPhone.

I guess that photo stream is really the only new thing to that list that is on. and its only the shared photo stream of which i have maybe about 6 pictures shared with just my wife.

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Try deleting the cache. That's what helped my girlfriend's 4s after she restored it from a backup.

Settings - > Reset - > Reset all settings.

5. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Ended up turning off Shared Photo Stream. This seem to definitely help a bit (which sucks because i thought shared photo stream was great), saw a small stutter here and there still so i did reset all setting.

Didn't realize how many settings i had to change back as far as notifications are concerned haha

Thanks guys, hopefully this helps and i won't have to add any updates to this thread

6. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Be sure you have at least 2 gigs available in the phone. I think if space is too low, it will lag like that.

7. Kaze105 macrumors member

Any reason why it lags if there is less than 2 gigs?