Lagging spaces with new macbook pro

Discussion in 'macOS' started by guitargoddsjm, Jul 9, 2010.

1. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AUB1DYpBX8

This issue has been going on since I got my Macbook Pro... I'm not sure if it's a hardware thing or a software thing.

This is the description I put on youtube:
    Specs: 15" i7 uMBP, OS X 10.6.4, 4gb ram, 500gb HDD (same as in signature)

Gfx specs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

How odd! You have one of the MacBook Pros that has dynamic GPU switching, so I suspect one of three things as the cause:
    1. Your Mac is confused - the running GPU and the GPU your Mac thinks it's using aren't the same. (Fix: Reset the PRAM - hold Apple + Option + P + R at startup, keep held until Mac bongs 3 times.)
    2. Your GPU drivers are outdated. (Fix: Update to Mac OS X 10.6.4.)
    3. Your GPU drivers are buggy. (Fix: Report the issue to Apple with their bug reporter tool; requires free registration.)

3. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

I wonder if this is the case... My MBP hasn't been getting anywhere near the 8-9hr battery life (more like 3-4hrs under light usage).

I did use Migration Assistant to transfer everything from my early 2008 macbook to my macbook pro... But I think I noticed this issue before I migrated everything over.

My specs are now listed in the OP

edit: Tried resetting the PRAM, didn't do anything

4. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Is anyone else having this issue? Obviously it's not a huge deal, but it's quite frustrating!

5. strausd macrumors 68030

I do. I have a 2009 MBP with the 9600M GT. The exact thing has happened ever since I got Snow Leopard, it never happened with Leopard.