Lagging video in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by puma1552, Sep 13, 2009.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Since updating to snow leopard on my 2.8 MBP, video lags. Not just flash video, but also iTunes movies on my harddrive.

It isn't so much choppy and stuttering as it is just lagging/retarding, in that it will lag a little and then speed up to catch back up to where it should be, and then lagging just a second or so behind and speeding up to catch up again...this is constant through all videos/movies, even when it's the only thing running.

Anyone else??

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Holy cow, dude I'm not trying to come down on you but there are so many posts about SL, at this point you should know by now exactly why you are experiencing this. In fact, I'm willing to bet the issue resides in the first line of your post. "Upgrade". The actual process in the SL upgrade is archive and install. This sits aside your programs and settings and installs the new OS and puts back everything. Stability issues can easily happen on an "unclean" system. If all you do is just plain web surfing and emails, no downloads, no haxies, no special softwares for reading system stats and such then the Upgrade option is fine otherwise you're best to do a full erase, format and install of SL. This is a major system upgrade, not a software update.

3. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

upgrade works well for me. there's been so much discussion over this that it's not even worth arguing over. try repairing disk permissions, as that made flash a lot smoother on my computer.

4. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

I'll try repairing permissions.

I'm not really sure how to do a clean install on an OS that is only an upgrade disc--unless you are referring to doing a clean install of Leopard, and then doing the upgrade to SL before putting any of my programs in.

I'm a busy man.