iPad Laggy and unresponsive. (wdt timeouts?)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chkenwing, Aug 24, 2012.

1. chkenwing macrumors regular

So, I have an iPad 2 on 5.1.1 which is jailbroken.

Basically, the problem I'm having is that sometimes it gets really unresponsive in a way that there's a delay in detecting touches to the screen e.g. if I'm swiping across the screen on my springboard, it stays static for a minute and then jerks in the direction I swiped in and then ends up staying on the page I started out on.

Give it a minute or two and it'll reboot. I checked my diagnostics and the report log is a panic.plist with a WDT Timeout error.

This usually happens if I'm using Whatsapp for a while; It also does it when I'm using SNES9x emulator. But it's also happened on previous occasions when I wasn't using these programs.

I've tried searching on information about the WDT timeout and there really isn't much information regarding this matter.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this inconvenience. I love my SNES games and it's frustrating when the controls become unresponsive and BAM! it reboots.

I heard WDT Timeouts are expected on jailbrokens but just how common are they? And I've also heard that it can be a hardware problem, which has gotten me wondering whether I should run it unbroken for a while just to see if it kicks it up again.

Any light shed on this matter would be great!

2. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

So nobody at all ever experienced this laggy phenomenon and WDT timeouts?

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I would do a clean restore, choose set up as new, do not restore to any backup and test it.