Laggy animations in the Apple Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikethebigo, Jun 17, 2012.

1. mikethebigo, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I saw videos and posts that people put up stating that the animations when using the retina MBP (such as switching to full screen, going into mission control, etc) were very laggy on the demo units in the Apple Store. I finally saw the retina MBP in the store today and have to agree. However, this seemed like a problem across the board, as it seemed to occur with the new Macbook Airs as well.

I'm wondering if those extra 3 buttons on the desktop are the culprit (the ones that let you select one-to-one, schedule an appointment, etc). I couldn't find a way to deactivate them or quit their process in the activity monitor. Does anyone know if that is messing up the smooth desktop transition animations or if the HD4000 with Lion is really in that bad of shape?

2. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

I noticed that today as well. I turned on the magnification on the dock to see what it looked like in retina and it looked like the whole thing split in half as it magnified.

I don't know if it's just the demo software or if it's a bug. I know that scrolling and animations are supposed to be handled differently in Mountain Lion, perhaps it is assumed that the fix will just flow with that.

Anybody who bought one want to chime in?

3. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

I tried it with 4 finger swipe same problem so it is ot the button.

4. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

The good thing is that it's happening to the new MacBook Air as well, so I'm pretty sure it's just a software issues :)

I'm sure this is not up to Apple's standards :D