Laggy Graphics

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by saberahul, Jan 16, 2012.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

I recently installed AutoDesk Smoke for Mac OS X on my MBP and it gave me a lot of problems (such as not starting up and what not and caused a force shut down as everything froze including mouse). Anyhow, i decided that it isn't worth wasting time on this software so I ran the uninstaller it came with and then took the entire folder and moved it to the trash can.

The problem is that even though I have deleted the thing completely, I am seeing very laggy graphics on my machine. For example, when doing Mission Control or App Expose, I am first seeing the background and after a second the app windows. Since this was never an issue before Smoke, I am sure this has something to do with it.

My question is this: how do I fix it? I have done a full shut down and restart yet haven't had any luck with it. Also, I have noticed that my fans are at ~1.5x the speed they used to be with running nothing and the CPU temp is hovering around 170ºF (before the fans used to be around 2k RPM and CPU would be around 98ºF with the same workflow running).

2. simsaladimbamba

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

And Smoke requires a dedicated GPU and does not work work with Intel integrated graphics processors (IGP).

And to really uninstall something:
    Uninstalling Applications in Mac OS X
    which also includes:

3. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks for that. I went through the whole list by GGJ before itself and now again and did not find anything. I did not find much in AM either however have attached a screenshot below. Any other advice?

Attached Files: