Laggy Logitech v470 with UMB 2.0

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fr00b, May 29, 2009.

1. fr00b macrumors regular

Hey,

I recently bought a Logitech v470 bluetooth mouse as I got tired of using the trackpad.

However, I've noticed that at times, there is a considerable amount of lag with the cursors movements.

The mouse turns itself off quite frequently to save battery, and when you initially move the mouse, it takes a second for it to wake and start working normally. This is all fine, but the lag I'm experiencing is a juttering cursor movement at times, not necessarily when initially woke up.

Anyone have any ideas? I've got Logitech Control Centre 2.7 (latest) installed.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

There's no need for drivers or software to be installed. Remove it.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ Thats good advice. The drivers could be causing a conflict in the OS that is causing odd behavior.

4. mike5411 macrumors regular

5. fr00b thread starter macrumors regular

I would uninstall the drivers/software, but I kinda rely on it as I have assigned each button, e.g. the scroll wheels click or tilt, to a specfic function.

Is there any alternative?

Also, it isn't the mouse. Works fine on XP under Boot Camp

6. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Same here, but different LogiTech mouse with 2.4Ghz receiver. Lags like crazy so I went back to cords. I find Logitech's mice unbearable under OS X.

7. lankox macrumors regular

I have the same setup and experience no lag problems at all. I use Steermouse and not the LCC.