Laggy mouse after sleep [solved]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sal, Jan 5, 2008.

1. sal macrumors 6502

weird problem I started experiencing a few days ago.

I would sleep my machine, then it will take a long time to wake up. When it does wake up, the mouse is laggy.

Did some search on the net and people mentioned disabling airport. Just for kicks, I turned off airport. The laggyness went away. Except, the machine responsiveness was quirky. It was like it was on speed. Very responsive infact too responsive since any movement would sent the cursor off the screen. The mouse would also freeze. Turning the airport back on went back to it being laggy.

restarting the machine fixed it.
    now here is where it gets weird...

Yesterday I realized that the dashboard might something to do with it. After restarting the machine, not accessing dashboard would not create the laggyness after sleep. the moment I accessed dashboard and put the machine to sleep, the problem would return.

I have since disabled dashboard and the problem seem to have gone away. NO laggyness after sleep.

anyone experience anything similar? I haven't downloaded the latest apple update(10.5.1). And again, my MBP was working perfectly fine after sleep up until afew days ago.

The only thing that has changed is I have installed a few apps and widgets in the past 2 weeks. I have uninstalled the widgets and recent apps that I installed and the problem persists.

I might have to reinstall leopard and see if the problem persists. Otherwise, disabling dashboard seem to be a temporary solution to my problem.

thoughts?

2. macRat17 macrumors member

macRat17

do u have istat 4.5 installed? if so, get rid of it and the problem shud be solved.

3. sal thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I did have istat4.5 I tried your suggestion on removing it. I re-enable the dashboard and removed istat yesterday.

so far so good. my mbp wakes up fine.

I really liked istat. should I go back to istat4? or is there a better widget out there that display similar information?

4. sal thread starter macrumors 6502

giving istat another chance. downloaded 4.7 today. see how it goes...