Laggy on 3G not 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pugnut, Apr 9, 2010.

1. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Loaded on multiple developer phones and noticing a serious lag on the 3G, but no issues with the 3gs---anyone else seeing the same behavior?

updated-- That would be the 4.0 beta--

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Loaded what?

3. Hawke macrumors regular

Am guessing OS4? Not quite sure

4. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

what i was thinking...:confused:

5. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

I'm running 4.0 on a 3G. It's not super slick but it's not too choppy. Considering it's the first beta I don't think it's too bad.

6. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Had any luck changing wallpapers on the homescreen via Settings > Wallpaper?
    :(

7. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

Nope :(

8. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Damn.

I still think it's a glitch. For the main reason that they've put Folders in there, which is far more system intensive than a simple still image behind the app icons.

Also, the very fact that you can already set a wallpaper for the lock screen means that it's merely an extension of what's already available.

I refuse to believe I'll have a phone that can run games like Street Fighter 4, be given the new 3D dock, run the Folders feature, but not be able to display a simple 480x320 still image behind the app icons.

9. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

You're on a dedicated iPhone forum, and the massive OS4 update was announced and released in beta form yesterday. Hmm, wonder what else he would be talking about.......

10. Pointer macrumors regular

OS 4.0 seems a lot quicker to me than the previous OS. It seems to "snap" a lot more! That's my experience on the 3GS anyway.