Laggy pinch to home screen animation on iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mrleee3, Sep 18, 2013.

1. mrleee3 macrumors newbie

As above, there is a slight stutter in the animation when closing an app using pinch to home screen on iPad. Lag not present when pressing home button. I know it's a small gripe but I find it annoying. Anyone else notice this/have a solution?

2. bitfidelity macrumors member

This is the worst thing about iOS 7. It is by far the ugliest, laggiest animation. Gotta love how it actually blows up the icons during the animation so they look horrible. Also, WTF is up with just having two icons stationary?

3. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

That's why apple did not do animations before, hard to make really smooth-ala Droids. I will take super fast, smooth non-animation OS over this.

4. bitfidelity macrumors member

5. Mead macrumors newbie

I too find this rather annoying, and still not fixed in 7.0.3.

I have turned on Reduce Motion in Settings > General > Accessibility. That works for me.

Let's hope for a fix soon! ;)

6. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

I've turned off gestures simply because this is driving me crazy! I fully expect them to fix this fundamental thing in iOS.. Can't happen quick enough.

7. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

A lot of the stuff on the iPad just doesn't make sense. That animation is absolutely terrible. Also the 4 finger swipe up to get to multitasking now no longer makes any sense since the multitasking is not a tray at the bottom.

8. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Noticed this on my girlfriend's iPad mini

So damn ugly... it like pinches to a certain point and then snaps to finish