Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Laggy UI

mototriu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Today I bought a new 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13'. The screen is amazing, and it's slim, but I can't help but notice that the UI is a little more laggy than I would have expected from a brand new laptop. This is especially true when using Mission Control. So my question is if anyone here is using El Captain on the Macbook Pro, and if the OS runs better.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Today I bought a new 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13'. The screen is amazing, and it's slim, but I can't help but notice that the UI is a little more laggy than I would have expected from a brand new laptop. This is especially true when using Mission Control. So my question is if anyone here is using El Captain on the Macbook Pro, and if the OS runs better.
I'm on El Cap DP2 and it's so bloody smooth on my late-2013 13". It's definitely smoother than Yosemite.

Comment

mango316

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014

Give El Capitan a try, very fluid for me on my 13" 2015 3.1/16/512 while having vm running for web dev stuffs.

Comment

W123a

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2015
El capitan is better but it's still fairly laggy. The app drawer is laggy, scrolling in safari can be laggy and launchpad is laggy. I don't know that they can fix it 100% with their current team and how the os handles scaling

Comment

mototriu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I understand. I understand that lag can't be eliminated entirely, but I would at least like for some of it to be remedied. Especially all that lag while using mission control, because that is a feature I use fairly frequently.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.