Laggy UI

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mototriu, Jul 1, 2015.

1. mototriu macrumors member

Today I bought a new 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13'. The screen is amazing, and it's slim, but I can't help but notice that the UI is a little more laggy than I would have expected from a brand new laptop. This is especially true when using Mission Control. So my question is if anyone here is using El Captain on the Macbook Pro, and if the OS runs better.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Supposedly.

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I'm on El Cap DP2 and it's so bloody smooth on my late-2013 13". It's definitely smoother than Yosemite.

4. mango316 macrumors regular

Give El Capitan a try, very fluid for me on my 13" 2015 3.1/16/512 while having vm running for web dev stuffs.

5. W123a macrumors newbie

El capitan is better but it's still fairly laggy. The app drawer is laggy, scrolling in safari can be laggy and launchpad is laggy. I don't know that they can fix it 100% with their current team and how the os handles scaling

6. mototriu thread starter macrumors member

I understand. I understand that lag can't be eliminated entirely, but I would at least like for some of it to be remedied. Especially all that lag while using mission control, because that is a feature I use fairly frequently.