Lame issues, iPod touch 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Capex, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Capex macrumors regular

Okay so, I know how this sounds. When I hold it in landscape, the wifi disconnects! Am I crazy? Now oddly enough, when I bought a case, the problem disappeared. Removing the case allowed to replicate what was happening before.

Another problem is that the screen is really un-reactive. Like, I swipe to move pages and it takes longer than my 1st gen did. This makes certain games like tap tap revenge next to impossible :(

Thirdly, around the sort of thin silver border (or whatever you want to call it) a lot of light leaks out of it.

I never expect these things with Apple, anyone know what to do?
    I'm guessing I need to return it.... On a side note does anyone else experience this? Or am I one of those people that just get a dud?

2. Capex thread starter macrumors regular

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Sounds like you got a bad iPod. I have had no such issues with mine that I got about 4 months ago.

4. patp Guest

You have to determine if the problem is software or hardware related.

you can restore as new iPod touch in iTunes. If the problems same it's probably hardware related, bad screen etc. If it's bad hardware I would take it to the closest apple store and see about an exchange or if they can restore it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Capex thread starter macrumors regular

Nearest apple store is 450 km away.

Will I have to re-download the updates for it? I have extremely slow internet as I live in the middle of no where. Seriously, the fastest it has been was when it was 14 kb/s. Usually takes a day to download updates :( But yeah

6. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I do have the issue of wi-fi disconnecting when in landscape orientation - and that's with the case. BUT that happens when I'm in the bedroom reading in bed. I think what that's down to is that when I orient it that way, the wifi signal simply doesn't reach the iPod efficiently because of the way the antenna is placed the iPod.

I didn't notice any light leakage though. And the screen seems pretty reactive - but I don't know how to compare, I don't have the first generation iPT, and I don't play games, sorry :(