Lamesecure V0.8 may have hidden my files

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RionH, Feb 9, 2009.

1. RionH macrumors newbie

Help please! i downloaded lamesecure and put a password on a folder. for whatever reasons i took the password off and now when i open the folder my files aren't there. Only a contents folder is now showing, But the folder still says the original size of 2.7g. Any help is much appreciated

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yeah, it sounds like they're still in there somewhere.

Open Terminal and type:

ls -a [space] [drag the folder's icon into the Terminal window and press return]

Then let us know what comes up.

3. RionH thread starter macrumors newbie

ls -a /Volumes/Mac\ Media\ HD/Anime/Northstar/zDomino
    . .. .DS_Store Contents

That is what i got. The first part before the first forward slash is yours and up to the end of zDomino is there the folder is located. (zDomino being the name of the folder). I don't understand all the stuff after it

Thanks for the reply!

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Hm, not there, but it might be inside Contents. To speed things up, copy and paste the following into Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE; killall Finder

If you reopen the directory, you should be able to see all of the hidden stuff in there, including hopefully the files you're after. Once you've tracked them down and moved them to someplace more accessible, run the command again with TRUE replaced with FALSE to get things back to normal.

5. RionH thread starter macrumors newbie

Woot! it worked, Thanks dude, it was in a folder buried within contents after using that command.

Thanks again!