Laminator question.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eyemacg5, Jun 23, 2008.

1. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

My band is doing more and more bigger gigs, so I've made some like id cards that go on lanyards instead of having to show the stamp hand on the door everytime we need to get in.

Can I print an A4 sheet out with several on and cut it up or do I have to do each one individually?
    Will it fall apart if i cut it up?

Thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you cut a single sheet then the edges of the resulting cards won't be sealed and they'll probably start to come apart. Need to laminate each one separately.

3. eyemacg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Thanks, can I just get the A4 laminating plastic and cut it before then place round the card and laminate or do i have to buy smaller laminating plastic?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No idea. I'd have thought it'd be easier to get stuff as close to the correct size as possible...

5. Lau Guest

If you don't cut the cards down to size first, and laminate them and then cut them and the pouch down, the edges won't be sealed. However, if you cut the cards to size first and then put them in an A4 pouch and then cut them down, you should be fine, just leave a big enough border for the heat sealing goodness to do its thing. Hopefully the diagram helps – the left one will work but the right one wouldn't.

You'll have to be a bit careful feeding them through as they're a bit more liable to slide around in the laminator with loads of separate bits, but it should work ok if you're careful. It would look more professional with the smaller pouches as you'd get the nice rounded corners and you wouldn't have to trim the laminate afterwards, but it should work fine with several in the bigger one if you're careful.

Attached Files: