Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChemInventory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Ever since Mavericks hosting anything (most commonly Borderlands 2) through lan has not worked, the other computer can connect to the macs Lan wifi but when ever it searches for the game it cannot find it, this goes for anything that gets hosted over lan. when i was running mountain lion it worked fine but since Mavericks and right through to Yosemite it has never worked again.

I'm not sure if its just my computer or if anyone else has this issue, I've looked on the web and found nothing. if anyone knows how to fix this let me know.

I'm not the best with the technical side of macs so if the fix has a lot of information i may ask a few questions.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Ever since Mavericks hosting anything (most commonly Borderlands 2) through lan has not worked, the other computer can connect to the macs Lan wifi but when ever it searches for the game it cannot find it, this goes for anything that gets hosted over lan. when i was running mountain lion it worked fine but since Mavericks and right through to Yosemite it has never worked again.

I'm not sure if its just my computer or if anyone else has this issue, I've looked on the web and found nothing. if anyone knows how to fix this let me know.

I'm not the best with the technical side of macs so if the fix has a lot of information i may ask a few questions.

Do you have the Firewall turned on in :apple: --> System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> Firewall. If so, try disabling it and rerunning the game to see if that works. If it does, re-enable the Firewall and add exceptions for your games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.