Land Line Caller ID

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jwbonc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. jwbonc macrumors newbie

Greetings!

First time post so forgive me if it is elsewhere but I couldn't find anything.

We have two new iPhone 5s with Verizon and see when we call a land line, the land line phone's caller ID shows "wireless caller" instead of our name. The area on Verizon's website where one should be able to change what is displayed says that the feature is not compatible with our phone. Calls to Verizon and Apple led nowhere as each said it was the others responsibility.

So...the question is, how do we get the system to show our names instead of "wireless caller" on land line caller IDs? Someone is more apt to answer the phone when they see an actual name.

Thanks!

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I had this problem where all the phones in our family plan (group of friends) showed my name instead of theirs. AT&T though, but I couldn't use their website either. Call Verizon and it should be a 5-minute fix on their end. :)

3. jwbonc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Called Verizon. They said Apple had to do it. Guess what Apple said? Yep...Verizon has to do it. Called Verizon back and they claimed "it's a new device so we're not sure". Seems a bit odd as our previous carrier switched it just as you said....a simple phone call.