Land Rover brakes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 'Bmac, Aug 17, 2012.

1. 'Bmac macrumors regular

Tonight I went to get a pizza for dinner my brakes went out when I tried to stop at a red light. Usually all I need is a light touch and the Land Rover stops perfectly. Tonight I had to step on the brake pedal hard and push it all the way down as far it will go to stop. I almost made a Honda Civic crumpled. It was so scary. Could it be my Land Rover needs "brake fluid"? I had 4 new brakes installed in Feb. 2011 and then I needed a new tire in June 2012. I am thnking that in June the brake on the tire that needed to be replaced would have shown wear and tear since it was installed in Feb. 2011. And if I needed new brakes then they would have told me back in June. I only have driven the Land Rover 12,000 miles since I installed the new brakes. All I know I hope it is not a costly repair as money is a little tight at the moment. Did this happen to anyone else?

2. Jb07 macrumors 6502

I would take it back to the LR dealership and see what they can do about it. Brake problems aren't something to take lightly, even if you are on a budget. A wreck will cost many times more.