Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icewendigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
I need to use a Notes App and Calendar App, but found out the tiny existing keyboard makes these Not practical for me to use and that there is No LANDSCAPE KEYBOARD for these :eek: . I was also very surprised to notice there's no highlight-delete/copy/paste. Its very hard to understand why this feature wasnt in the 2.0 version (d/c/p is such a basic feature I had not imagined it could be abscent)

1- Are there any indications from Apple that a subsequent version of the iPod Touch OS will include a Landscape Keyboard either a) as standard across most default apps or b) in Notes and Calendar apps in particular?

2- Does anyone know if there is a Notes and/or Calandar app(not jailbreaked if possible) that does have a larger landscape keyboard?

thanks

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
People have been complaining about the lack of copy/paste and landscape modes since day one, but Apple hasn't implemented them yet. I think the earliest we'll see them is with the next major firmware update, which would probably happen when the next iPhone gets released, probably in July. But unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if these features are still missing in the next major update.

As for apps with landscape keyboards, I've seen plenty of notes app with them. I can't recall seeing a calendar app with one, but I've never really looked at calendar apps. Try going to http://appshopper.com/ and searching for "landscape keyboard" and see what you get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.