landscape keyboard on OS 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brisweeney, Jun 14, 2009.

1. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

anyone else noticing that its a bit slow switching to landscape keyboard from portrait?

mine can take up to 2 seconds to switch over

2. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I think it's supposed to be like that so if you move it a little sideways accidentally it won't automatically go to landscape. It would suck if everytime it was at a slant for even a quick second it switched over to landscape.

However, I could be wrong and it is just laggy for no reason.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I can't understand why they'd make it lag like that if that is the case. Safari doesn't lag one bit really. If they want to prevent accidental switching then lock the screen like the iPhone Kindle App.

4. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Ya, it's something that I really hope they tweak. It makes texting in landscape almost pointless because by the time I turn the phone and wait for it to switch I practically could have just written one out in the vertical orientation.

5. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Wow?! How dramatic!:rolleyes:

6. brisweeney thread starter macrumors regular

brisweeney

i love using it in landscape mode, phone is easier to hold, i make less typo's!

but its really bugging me that it lags so much

ill be restoring and downloading 3.0 from itunes on the 17th, just to make sure its not an issue with the GM seed

7. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I like it taking about 2 seconds to change.. Does everything always have to be instant.. Like when you touch an app, I see a lot of people complaining that it takes 3-4 secs to open.. SO you have to wait a couple more seconds it's not the end of the world...

James

8. actorkid macrumors 6502

a good way to solve these problems would be a new option in settings, where you can set certain apps to open in landscape mode.

for instance, you could set messaging to open in landscape mode, so it's already in the orientation of your liking when you open it...no switching at all

9. elbirth macrumors 65816

it's not just the GM seed, and I sort of doubt it'll be any different in the final 3.0 build. Ever since 3.0 beta 1 the rotation to landscape mode in any app has been slow for me. Rotating safari, photos, keyboard, etc.. they all take a few seconds before it rotates.

Yes, it's very annoying, especially since it was pretty quick in 2.x. And, although it's of course not the end of the world, it is very frustrating when you want to quickly look up some information during a conversation and everything stops while your iPhone takes its time to do what it's doing. I'm not getting the 3GS because of AT&T's $200 premium for my being a 3G owner, but I do hope the faster CPU and such will speed up app loading at the very least.

10. The General macrumors 601

Actually, you make fewer typos. Oh, the irony.

11. brisweeney thread starter macrumors regular

brisweeney

oh wonderful, another online grammer bitch....

anyway, the point made above, why does everything have to be instant? well its sms, instant messaging, the clue is in the name....im typing a message, i dont wanna wait to get the keyboard working!

12. bbwinkle macrumors member

SMS doesn't stand for instant messaging. ;)