Landscape Lock Rotation in Cydia now

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ROCKERDAN, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

anyone try it?....1.99 seems fair if it works well.....ive often wanted to lock my ip4 to landscape position.

seems simple,uses standard rotation lock button in multitask bar.

ill post up how it works if i try it

2. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

yup i saw that too. kind of wish they would lock the whole springboard in landscape mode. sbrotator is so damn buggy.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I'm downloading it now and will play with it a little. Wish this was native functionality as it would make more sense. Come on Apple!!

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Okay, after a 5 minute run through...

Opened safari without Apple rotation lock engaged.
    Rotated safari to landscape, engaged rotation lock. Safari stayed in landscape. So far so good...

With rotation lock still engaged, closed safari and opened Twittelator (an app that runs in both orientations). Twittelator opened in portrait, and was locked in that position. I had to disengage rotation lock, turn the app to landscape, and then re-engage.

I'm sure this is how it was designed, but for me if I'm wanting to work various apps in landscape, I would prefer that they opened up that way once I had put the lock on for a previous app.

I would therefore look at this as an application specific, one at a time rotation lock, not a system wide option. Works as designed, not sure it's exactly what I would want. Others might be perfectly happy with this.

5. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

@scirica: what if you open safari again, does it stay landscape?

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Just tested. Yes it does remember the last orientation. I think that is a good thing!