Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corriewf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
ive looked everywhere I could online and have not found an answer. Does anyone know if apps like calendar etc will go landscape on XR like they will on the Max? They both have the same width so it seems like it would, but have not been able to confirm.

If the XR does have landscape like a plus device..man that $450 price difference between 128gb vs 256gb is gonna seem larger. :)

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I’ve seen it confirmed for Max, but not for Xr. Do you happen to have a link?

It’s been posted about and talked about quite a bit since the keynote.

The XR and XS Max both have the same point resolution. Only difference is that the XR’s UI is drawn at 2x and the XS Max is at 3x.

The UI on both screens will look identical in terms of real estate and how much info is shown. The XR being slightly smaller physically though will result in the UI elements and all that content being just slightly smaller.

Also an FYI - no landscape in home screen for either of these devices.

Edit: This site has an excellent breakdown of all the different iPhone resolutions and how they’re drawn. You’ll notice the XR and XS Max are the same in terms of UI resolution.

https://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/ultimate-guide-to-iphone-resolutions

corriewf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
It’s been posted about and talked about quite a bit since the keynote.

The XR and XS Max both have the same point resolution. Only difference is that the XR’s UI is drawn at 2x and the XS Max is at 3x.

The UI on both screens will look identical in terms of real estate and how much info is shown. The XR being slightly smaller physically though will result in the UI elements and all that content being just slightly smaller.

Also an FYI - no landscape in home screen for either of these devices.

Edit: This site has an excellent breakdown of all the different iPhone resolutions and how they’re drawn. You’ll notice the XR and XS Max are the same in terms of UI resolution.

https://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/ultimate-guide-to-iphone-resolutions

So I’ve read all of those discussions as well, but I’ve yet to see confirmation that Apple enabled landscape on the XR. I’ve seen it demoed on the Max in hands on videos. I understand the reason it SHOULD have the same functionality of the Max, but I’m concerned Apple limits it as a budget device.

So besides confirming it should, do we have actual confirmation?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
So I’ve read all of those discussions as well, but I’ve yet to see confirmation that Apple enabled landscape on the XR. I’ve seen it demoed on the Max in hands on videos. I understand the reason it SHOULD have the same functionality of the Max, but I’m concerned Apple limits it as a budget device.

So besides confirming it should, do we have actual confirmation?

If you read all those conversations, you’d see that we (I know I did myself at least) posted photos that were shared from people in the hands on area showed apps in landscape.

Reactions: corriewf
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.