Landscape mode still an issue with 6s+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davistld01, Oct 8, 2015.

1. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I'd heard that the iPhone 6+ had issues with randomly going into and sticking in landscape mode...and I'd also read that 9.0.2 had fixed all that on the new iPhone 6s+.

But, apparently that ain't so.o_O

I witnessed tonight, in front of my eyes, my boss's iPhone 6s+ homescreen freeze in landscape mode just taking it out of his pocket! He showed it to me and said "does it all the time!"

I've ordered a 64gb iPhone 6s+ to replace my iPhone 6, and it has a shipping date of 10/12/15. I'm excited...but I'm getting hesitant with this being an ongoing issue with the big phone. I'm thinking I should just cancel the order & grab a 6s since its been totally bulletproof since I bought it.

Anybody else having these landscape/freeze issues?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Mine freezes in landscape when I use the app switcher tray quite regularly but otherwise no. It's a much different animal to the 6+.

3. davistld01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

davistld01

You do realize that on a $1000 phone, that shouldn't happen at all...don't you?

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Absolutely but sadly software glitches do occur, especially these days and especially unpolished early releases. Compared to my POS 6+ this phone is an absolute dream so I cut it a little slack here & there. I have also seen many posts criticising similar (and worse) behaviour on the 6S...