Landscape Mode Text Messages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChicagoBigHouse, Aug 8, 2008.

1. ChicagoBigHouse macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there is anything in the works for a landscape format txt message server? Perhaps a new app?

2. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Apple won't allow any modification on their core programs.

3. pj rage macrumors 6502

Would they allow a completely NEW app, though, that would essentially replace a core app? That is, we'd have "SMS" and "iSMS" or whatever.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Why does Apple refuse to listen to their customer base on this one? :confused:

5. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

I don't see how they aren't. The problem is everyone expects them to do it in one update. Two reasons why Apple won't...

1. A couple at a time to ensure no issues arise. If they put 8 different things at one time, it would be hard to verify which one is causing the bugs/crashes in the phone.

2. They are about making money. If they had 3g, GPS and different colors on the first one, how many more would be buying it now?

Take your time Apple. I bought the product as I was satisfied with the product they set forth. With the updates, I will be happier.

6. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

You could jailbreak your phone and try bitsms.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

PLEASE, this is something that has been talked about since the release of the first iPhone. They have had plenty of time. There are already apps (Safari) that are capable of this, so it's not like the are reinventing the wheel.

8. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

I have yet to have a crash on the sms app. The safari app has. I'm sure there are reasons why it's not high on the agenda.

Duvi

9. allurbase macrumors member

If you want to see this feature i suggest you request it through the apple website's feedback form. I've done this several times as I'd also like to see this feature added.

10. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

Want It Too

I WANT THIS SOO BAD.
    Texting would be alot more fun!:D
    I hope Apple brings this with 2.1!

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

W/E...weak.

12. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

sdk doesn't allow apps to send/recieve texts because of what they'd have to access to do that. same reason we don't have mms on the app store

13. broncopde macrumors 6502

It's actually bitesms.

I haven't used this or know much about it, but I just wanted to note that in searching on google to find out more about "bitsms" I discovered that it is actually bitesms. I'm sure it was just a typo.