Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Ever since they implimented the landscape in e-mail and sms, it seems like it just does not agree with the rest of the OS.

I will give you a perfect example. Say you are texting in landscape mode and tap the camera icon to the left to insert an existing image, the photo app will come up and you will have to switch vertical again..stuff like this should really be fixed. The user experience is not as seamless if you have to keep switching orientation.

Photo has no excuse not to be in landscape at this point in time...

trajen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2008
Ever since they implimented the landscape in e-mail and sms, it seems like it just does not agree with the rest of the OS.

I will give you a perfect example. Say you are texting in landscape mode and tap the camera icon to the left to insert an existing image, the photo app will come up and you will have to switch vertical again..stuff like this should really be fixed. The user experience is not as seamless if you have to keep switching orientation.

Photo has no excuse not to be in landscape at this point in time...

I noticed that myself, it was irritating. :eek:

Apple should do that. I also think they should have a toggle to turn landscape mode on or off in Settings.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Oh here is another thing. If you go to settings -> general, you will see Bluetooth and then you have to enter another page to turn it on or off...I always wondered why it couldn't have an on/off toggle switch right right there just like location services...???

thabronx31

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2008
Bronx, NY
Oh here is another thing. If you go to settings -> general, you will see Bluetooth and then you have to enter another page to turn it on or off...I always wondered why it couldn't have an on/off toggle switch right right there just like location services...???

+1. Things that make you go hmmm :confused:

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA

The iPhone really needs a Favorites pane in the Settings app where you could keep your most used toggles.

bradenwh

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008

Because when you turn Bluetooth on, it begins searching for devices, and allows you to connect to one. It's not like you're just turning it on, usually. You usually turn it on to connect to something. That's why it has a separate screen and not just a toggle. Because it's not just a toggle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.