Landscape Side-by-Side PDF Reader

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dav, May 22, 2010.

1. dav macrumors 6502

Have some magazines in .pdf from my class, and was wondering if there was a .pdf reader that can show both pages in landscape side by side with minimal toolbars. I've been using goodreader as of late, but this capability would be nice.

Thanks.

2. shadowness macrumors regular

I was looking for something similar too...
    Got some PDF ebooks that's formatted in Double truck! It would be great to have a PDF app that could be configure to some extent like adobe reader!

3. bluedog3401 macrumors regular

Do an AppStore search for 'Bookman'. It's very basic and minimal but DOES do two pages side by side when in landscape orientation.

4. dav thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you for this, checking it out right now.

also, i emailed the creators of goodreader and they said that landscape side-by-side will be coming in the next version (!!)

5. bluedog3401 macrumors regular

Bookman is very basic, but does its job of creating the thumbnails and letting you do side-by-side pages when holding in landscape mode.

iAnnotate pdf software from Aji posted a positive comment about getting feedback and implementing. We'll see who can do the best implementation while keeping things easy to use with all the features people need.

So far, I really like the iAnnotate for its functionality of adding notes to a PDF, but GoodReader has a lot of sharing importing and viewing of other file types down really well.

The other readers I've seen have one or two aspects done well, but from those I've actually used none has impressed me more than the two mentioned above. Bookman has the simplicity down, but doesn't have quite the import/export and features of the other two.