Language changed suddenly- PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by belgoddess03, Mar 22, 2009.

1. belgoddess03 macrumors newbie

Hello, everyone. I received a First Generation Ipod Touch as a gift several months ago and just got around to opening it. After playing around for all of a few minutes, the language suddenly changed to Asian characters. I have NO clue what I pushed, nor do I know how to get back to English.

The few solutions I can find online suggest going to Settings, then clicking on an icon in there that has cogs. However, when I click into Settings, I have a choice of 9 icons, none of which have the cogs.

If anyone could please let me know how to get this thing back to normal, I would very greatly appreciate it. Again, it is a 1st gen Ipod Touch. THANKS!:confused:

2. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

go into settings, click on the first menu of the big bottom section, go to the eleventh menu, than go to language and select english

3. belgoddess03 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure if I messed this up...

I clicked into settings and then clicked the first option in the bottom row (green button, has a white circle with a little green wrench in front of it). There is only one option that I can select under that: Flash Memory. Did I do something wrong?

4. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

are there apps installed on this ipod? The menu I am talking about is the fourth one down whenever you first open the setting app