Language Converting in Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LDO2104, Nov 1, 2008.

1. LDO2104 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to convert english text into Japanese using Pages, do you have to install a 3rd party program (if so,please send me the link) or is it a setting you have to adjust? My goal is to write in english using pages and convert it to Japanese.

Thanks for the help,
    Rich

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

By 'convert' do you mean translate? Pages has settings to spellcheck in different languages, but it won't translate your work for you.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

There are no decent translator programs at the personal computer level. This is NOT something you expect Pages or Word to do. Even powerful computers find this a bit of a challenge and need someone who really reads the language to proof it. Remember the famous "The spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak", which translated to "the wine is good the meat is bad."

4. LDO2104 thread starter macrumors newbie

English to Japanese text converter for Mac

Can anybody recommend a program that I purchase to support this requirement?
    Thanks for the help,
    Rich

5. bluefiberoptics macrumors regular

bluefiberoptics

If you need a live person to translate a document for you, there are services online that can do that for a price.

If you're looking for something free, Google Translate/Babel Fish can do it, but it won't be pretty. Translation software is not very good, especially with Asian languages.