Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
NC
Currently, I'm in a another country (Korea) and I won't be back stateside for about a year. So I was wondering if I buy an iPod Touch in Korea will I be able to change the language to English.

I'm also assuming that there is no difference between the iPod Touch from US and Korea besides the default language, right?

Thanks

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.2 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

That's right, the only difference is in the packaging and included documentation. I bought my Touch here in Japan, along with my iMac - both were equally simple to switch over to 100% English. ;)

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
NC
Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.2 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

That's right, the only difference is in the packaging and included documentation. I bought my Touch here in Japan, along with my iMac - both were equally simple to switch over to 100% English. ;)

Alright cool, thanks.

I'll ask them if they have the documentation in English since I can't read Korean very well.

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
Alright cool, thanks.

I'll ask them if they have the documentation in English since I can't read Korean very well.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can download a pdf of the manual thing from the apple site anyway (in English I mean).

Not that you really need a manual, it's pretty basic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.