Language switching splash

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jeeg, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Jeeg macrumors member

So I just switched back to Mac after using Surface Pro 4 for 2 years (horrible battery life).

The last time I used was Yosemite, I still remember when switching between languages I would get a big splash in the middle of screen that showed me what language I was switching to.

Now that Windows 10 has gotten this nice feature, after switching back to macOS Sierra, it seems to be missing?

How do I re-enable it? I understand the recent mac releases have turned some of the useful mac features off by default (ie. 3 finger drag)

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

3 finger drag was never enabled by default on any version of OS X. If you want to enable it in macOS, it's in Accessibility> Mouse & Trackpad> Trackpad options rather than in Trackpad settings.

Not sure about your other question; how do you currently switch between languages? Is it input language or keyboard language that you're changing? Also do you have a language/country flag dialogue visible somewhere on the top Apple menu?

3. Jeeg thread starter macrumors member

I currently use command + space to switch between languages.

I remember Macs had something that looked like this when switching between languages, except it showed all of the languages available and highlighted the one you're switching to.
    https://gyazo.com/490d881c15e547a547f43d84325865c1