Lao Cai, Sapa | Vietnam

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by alexmoi, Oct 13, 2008.

1. alexmoi macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    Would love to share some of my travel photos with you all, the data of how each photos was taken can be found in the EXIF of each photo. Hope you like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

very nice pictures!
    is this in RAW? other than that its nice to see the beauty of vietnam from another person

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Good photography but it could be anywhere in Southeast Asia. Doesn't really capture the flavor of Vietnam from those posted. But pretty to look at.

4. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Having only been to the airport in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) I really appreciate these photographs of the countryside of Vietnam. In fairness, I think they definitely capture the essence of the country, despite similarities to other locales in SE Asia. The subject is what it is. Alexmoi didn't claim to represent something necessarily unique to Vietnam, or that he captured the flavor of Vietnam, but instead wanted to share some of his travel photos, which he did.

5. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Well, I've not been to this area but have traveled the entire coast route from Saigon up to Nah Trang to Hoi Ann and onto HCMC and up to Halong Bay. Like I said, the photos are pretty but without knowing it mentioned as Vietnam, I'd have guessed some other country in Asia. Not trying to be a wet blanket but Vietnam has some amazing sights.

6. alexmoi thread starter macrumors newbie

thomahawk,
    All photos was shoot in jpeg, which is already quite good to my standard, the d700 sensor performance is absolutely fantastic.

I will post a lot more vietnam photos here, especially the Hanoi and halong bay one.

7. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

8. alexmoi thread starter macrumors newbie

9. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Great pictures friend!

I went to Sapa three years ago, and it was amazing. My favorite thing was seeing a local girl dressed in tribal clothing sitting in an internet cafe chatting on the computer.

Thank you for sharing.

10. HomeingPigeon macrumors regular

I love the pictures.

My only advice is that the sky in some of the pictures seems to lack detail. Maybe it is just me though.