Laptop Backpack Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MDTyKe, Mar 21, 2008.

1. MDTyKe macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Im looking for a SMALL backpack, enough to hold the Macbook, Powerbrick and nothing else. Im also looking for something that doesn't ooze "student" or "gamer kid" as so many backpacks do these days.

So, I was window shopping in town, and I seen this Targus XS (http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Targus-XS-Sub-Notebook-Case-CNXS1/version.asp)

I like its leather sleekness (and that neat little lock), it oozes sophistication and I also love (and Im looking for something..) that is both a backpack, but not obviously one. The shoulder straps in that fold away to make it appear like a neat carry case if need be. That is desirable.

The only problem, is thats designed for 12". I dont know how much grace there is.. as I had another case ages ago when I had a VAIO that wasn't designed for 15" and it fitted in fine. Has anyone had any experience with this bag? Im not sure if it'll give 1.3" grace. OR a similar bag with the same appeal and size would be good.

Thanks!

Matt

2. MDTyKe thread starter macrumors regular

3. jay1097 macrumors member

hey
    I have the marware sportfolio messenger bag for the MB. Its really small and pretty much only hold the macbook, charger, some pens, small calculator and some papers. Also you can remove the shoulder strap.
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...es/notebook_cases&nplm=TK032LL/A&mco=AC065EAC

It's really low-key and I find the black color makes it look pretty professional. Also it is pretty cheap.

If you are looking for leather you should consider getting a nice leather messenger bag and just a sleeve for your laptop.

Check out Apples website they have some nice looking bags made to fit their products. Anyway sometimes it's hard to find the perfect bag because of some many different factors like size, style, price etc. good luck

4. Wireless Buddy macrumors regular

I use the bag from the Apple Store. The translucent one with theback straps. It actually is good and they are free. Just go and ask for one.

5. MDTyKe thread starter macrumors regular

Hey,

Maybe i worded it badly. But I DONT want a messenger, im seeing loads of them. I'd prefer vertical loaded thing I can both carry and throw over my shoulder, like that 12" Targus (it was perfect).

Matt

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've been using the "LapTrap"...

by Higher Ground: http://www.highergroundgear.com/laptrap.html

13" is perfect for my BlackBook or MBA. You don't have to worry about putting anything else in the case/backpack. Past experiences, have caused my MB to have undue pressure on it as I would stuff my backpacks with about 3-4 textbooks. Carrying handle, shoulder strap or backpack straps are available. Cost was about $55.00 USD plus tax. I've used the "LapTrap" since MWSF '08. :cool:

7. MDTyKe thread starter macrumors regular

I had a look at that one actually, from another post of yours OP, but it wasn't what I was after. The bright green bits put me off.. but otherwise its nice. Not sure I'm won over by the way it works either. The 12" one I seen was still ideal, but I'm really looking to know if anyone else has either used it successfully w/ the Macbook, or found another very similar one.

Matt