Laptop backpack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by babyt, Aug 4, 2011.

1. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

Hello :) I'm looking for a laptop backpack that's under 100$

I prefer messengers, but a recent back problem has started and I can not use them anymore with out pain.
    I have the 15 mbp and want a backpack that's protective, will Carry more like a camera, wacom tablet etc, and comfortable as well.
    I REALLY Like the booq mamba shift packs but can't afford one.

Also i don't want to just carry a case, i would but I have a lot of other things too tote too.

2. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I am happy with my incase Compact Backpack; the first one I had developed a stitching problem so they sent me a replacement after I provided them with a photo.

Depending on what type of camera you are talking about, this might be big enough without being burdensome.

3. babyt thread starter macrumors regular

babyt

Thank you for your reply. I will look at that back pack
    I'll be carrying a canon rebel. And on sonw occasion a lens also. (along with various cords and such)

4. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Ah... a DSLR. You are going to struggle in that price range. If you had a bigger camera, I would recommend ThinkTank Photo, but their range that has a computer compartment is a bit overkill for you.

LowePro offers some options, but I have never been thrilled with them and they are expensive. That said, a CompuRover AW saw its way through Europe on my back. The Fastpack 250 might meet your budget and your needs.

5. babyt thread starter macrumors regular

babyt

Well bummer. I have a bag for the camera which if necessary ill use instead of putting the camera in the backpack.

6. di1in macrumors regular

di1in

Have you checked out the Pakuma K1 bags? I use one and so far so good.

The padding on the bag is mighty good too, I never feel the weight.[​IMG]

7. Fugue macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a backpack also, sub $100, and the best one I found seems to be The North Face Surge. I found it on eBay for under 80 bucks.

8. randomrazr macrumors 65816

9. babyt, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011

babyt thread starter macrumors regular

babyt

Ohh I really like that bag.
    It is similar to what I'm looking for.

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I can vouch for this bag too. Carried it for two years so far through rain and snow with no laptop case. Laptop and everything else inside remained dry!

11. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I personally just use a regular ole backpack or messenger bag to carry my MBP. I have the computer itself in an Incase Deluxe Protective Sleeve, then I can throw it into whichever bag I need to carry with me. I have an over the shoulder canvas messenger that is prefect when I am just going to Barnes & Noble to hang out for a while, I can even put the charger and external hard drive in the bag, no problem. When I'm traveling or going to the library with a lot of books, I put the sleeve in the outside pocket and all my books in the big compartment. No need for a fancy backpack so long as your computer is protected, and mine is! I love the flexibility this sleeve gives me so much so that I take it almost everywhere with me these days!

12. Fugue macrumors 6502

I was wondering one thing about it: How well does the 13" MBP fit into the laptop section of the bag? Is it tight or is there some wiggle room?

13. palpatine macrumors 68040

i haven't got a very strong back either. i ditched computers and do most of my work with the ipad, and that means i can get away with leaving the computer at home for the heavy work and getting by with a man purse. my murse easily holds the ipad+keyboard in incase origami workstation case and i actually find it quite enjoyable to work with the ipad. in other words, instead of trying to get a backpack to lug around the weight, it might be time to find a workflow that eliminates heavy items entirely. ditch the big camera and go for something slim (canon sd1400 here)?

better to care for your body :)

14. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

There is some wiggle since it is made to fit UP TO a 15". However, it is still better because the bag's laptop compartment is raised higher than the other two and it also has a bumper on the bottom so if you drop the bag, the laptop will be protected since it will never touch the floor.

15. randomrazr macrumors 65816

i had a 13inh last year in my incase canvas backpack that fits up to 17inch macbooks

it fits, doesnt really move around so its all good

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I think it's because of the material used in your canvas bag. The laptop compartment is kinda like felt material right? The Surge is just nylon I believe so the aluminum of the MBP doesn't grip as well, but it works out fine.

17. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Try checking out SwissGear. I used it throughout college with several books and a MBP. I'd trust it with a DSLR (assuming the camera is in a sleeve or something). HERE is their corporate site (but their bags are available retail).

18. thinkinblue613 macrumors 6502

thinkinblue613

Check out Timbuk2, they make great messenger bags.

The bag I got is made with water-proof bomb suit material. I would say its pretty darn durable. I will be using it through college, bike rides and walks. They also started designing their bags to conform with TSA security checks... Meaning, you don't need to take your laptop out of the case. HUGE PLUS for me since I travel.

Check em out, I highly recommend it..

A little warning, they may be pricey but I would rather pay for quality than quantity. Isn't that why we are Apple owners? :cool:

19. randomrazr macrumors 65816

cotton quilted but yeah its a soft felt so that prob why it never moved around alot

which is prob why u should go for that one! LOL

20. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I already have the compact canvas bag, the one that's thinner than the current canvas bag. I use that when all I need are a couple notebooks and my laptop. But, for everything else, I use my Surge. I can fit 3 days worth of clothing into it and my laptop. Pretty handy.