Laptop Bag for 2009 Unibody MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Panzo, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Panzo macrumors 6502

Alright, before i get flamed, i know this has been asked about 52 million times before, but after some google researches alot of webistes are marking "NOT FOR NEW MACBOOK PRO" or "FOR MACBOOKS PURCHASED BEFORE 08/06/09"

This is startgint o piss me off because it leadds em to think the ones that dont have any warnings or disclaimers might actually fit my machine.

Ive looked into timbuk2's but their laptop bag is slightly smaller then the mbp dimensions.

Im looking for a bag that has adequate space for both my laptop (2009/ 15.4 2.66 MBP) and text books (University size, not gradeschool). Also must protect the laptop not just carry it (i have a sleeve for it also.)
    Added Pluses (optional):
    Acessory compartments
    Messenger style bag
    All Black.

Thank you interploxians and interwebs, if it wasnt for you i would of never lost my virginity now PLEASE HELP. Thanks.

2. nater. macrumors member

I'd suggest taking a look at Incase. They make some great products and always seem durable/protective to me. I don't own these messenger style bags that they have so I have no personal experience with them.

http://www.goincase.com/bags/

Check 'em out.

3. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

Best bag I ever bought would be the Tumi Essential Brief.

4. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I've gone through a few bags. Had a Tumi, Briggs & Riley, and Timbuk2. I just got a Waterfield bag and it's awesome. It's pricey but very well constructed with excellent service. The pictures you see on the internet really don't do the bag justice. I was skeptical but took a chance and it really is a nice bag.

5. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the feedback, id liek to know sparkomatic, which waterfield bag did you purchase?

6. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

7. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I'll second sparkomatic's recommendation for Waterfield Designs.

I am currently using a sleeve from Waterfield Designs and a Manhattan Portage DJ bag (medium, plain bag, not the laptop version). Snug, but perfect. Added a shoulder pad from Domke and it is all set.

8. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all your feedback guys, i made my mind up and ill be goign with e Manhattan Bag , Domke strap, and a vyper m3 sleeve, thanks for all the help guys!!!1

9. iomatic macrumors regular

FYI, Waterfield sleeves are easy to get in and out of, are airport compliant (went through many international ones-- Frankfurt was a little freaked out though and did a bomb test), and are very configurable. Gary is a top guy, as is Tom (though I think their stuff rocks, I'm not a real fan of their aesthetic).

10. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

1.) The "new" MBP's made after 8/6/09 really have no external changes other than the SD card slot/etc. The dimensions are EXACTLY the same so they'll be fine for any standard laptop bags that fit the older unibodies. The only products you'll run into issues with are hard snap-on cases that might obstruct the SD slot(like the Speck See-Thru)

2.) What the **** is an interploxian?

11. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

12. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i have the incase sleeve from my 13" MB i bought last year & fits my UMBP 13" as well! love it and use it whenever I take my lappy out of the house

13. nilblank macrumors newbie

Timbuk 2

Timbuk 2 is a San Fran based company that earned its reputation making indestructable handcrafted bike messenger bags. They now make excellent laptop bags in a variety of styles including the classic courier-style. I have two of them. Awesome bags.

14. mike1123 macrumors 6502

mike1123

15. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

+ 1

I can tell you not to get an Incase neoprene sleeve. It doesn't seem to fit right.

16. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Um, just because they changed the design doesnt mean their way different sizes. Bags are not so tight that they wont accept all but the correct size. They are made to fit general 15, 17" and so on, im not sure why everyone gets so confused about getting a bag.

17. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

I take it for the Waterfield Designs cases the correct size for the
    new 17" Macbook Pro is 17-3?

18. applevik macrumors member

Booq

I got a Booq Boa L and Vyper XL2, and am quite happy with it.

19. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Looks to be 17-3. You can send them an email, they are rather quick to respond.