Laptop Bag Wish List

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stewartlittle, Jul 14, 2008.

1. stewartlittle macrumors regular

I am in the situation where I plan to purchase a laptop bag soon for a mbp. I have read all the comments on bags that are desired, but now lets turn this around a little. If you could change, or add any feature to a laptop bag, what would it be. Many bags may fall short, but in your opinion, what bags come close to completing your wish list. For me, I want a clean exterior, with very little clutter, but on the flip side, I want a large bag opening, with easy access to all components. I also want a slick, form fitting strap. To me, at this point, i think the closest to what i want is the booq mamba saddle or sling....so far haha. So what do you guys/gals want?

2. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Just got this via UPS this very day, LOVE it:D
    http://www.skoobadesign.com/product/skooba-satchel-28/

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Wahh! I too am on a search for the perfect bag for an incoming MBP. OP, where did read about all the desired bags?

I went with a brenthaven edge II to be slim and lightweight. I have been looking for something to carry my two laptops (MBP and thinkpad x61s) and a DSLR back to Baltimore where I go to school.

I really want the Booq Boa M, and I would change the fact that its so $$$. I have been salivating over it because of the large opening and the possibility of it fitting both my MBP and my DSLR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

To look at what bags others wanted, I first looked at the guides, there is one for laptop bag companies. I then did a search in the forums for things such as "laptop bags" "laptop cases" "booq" and such. So I then thought, what do people want in a bag, thats not in these bags. Cause I mean, tonnes of the bags are very similar.

5. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

I'm looking for one too.

I'd like a very tough one, so that if it got dropped it would protect it - so quite hard and rigid. But I'd also like it to be fairly thin and not too big.

I'd also like it to have straps so that it could be a backpack and take it to work.

I also like the colour red!

6. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular