Laptop Bag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sgt.Pepper, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Sgt.Pepper macrumors member

Are there any stand out recommendations of Laptop Bags for a 17 inch Macbook Pro?
    I'm looking for a one strap across the chest style bag (I think their messenger bags), with space for some books (art book, novel, magazine, journal, nothing major like a medical text book), space for some pens and pencils, some gadgets (i.e. cell phone, portable camera, ipod, headphones, etc). And maybe space for a digital SLR or video camera although it isn't vital.
    There's just so many options out there I'm having a hard time coming to any sort of conclusion. I'd prefer I look nice too as I have to live with the thing everyday.

I wouldn't mind also checking out a backpack that can carry a laptop too, I'd want it to have the same carrying capabilities I described for the messenger bag.

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I have a crumpler bag for my 2.8 MBP and love it. Very safe bag.

They do a very good range but are quite expensive but well worth the money after spending £2000 on a laptop :)

3. mmccaskill macrumors 6502

4. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

I have two Crumpler bags for my laptop, a messenger style and a backpack style. They are great bags, seemingly indestructible and they offer good protection for your Mac.

5. Sgt.Pepper thread starter macrumors member

A Crumpler bag might be a good option, I've only heard good things about them

Has anyone had experience with Ogio bags, they looks pretty nice from what I can see on the website
    www.ogio.com

6. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

7. mi.mac.rules macrumors member

Brenthaven is my bag of choice and they make a great variety of choices for macbooks 13.3" and above (including 17"). I bought mine because it was tested a couple years ago at the MacWorld Expo ('95 i believe) by dropping a brand-new macbook 5' up onto the ground 5 times and it was in perfect condition. Mine, however, doesn't have the space you need, but still, the company makes excellent protection for any macbook and other options have the space you requested. Hope this helps :D

8. mets1125 macrumors regular

I just bought a crumpler bag today. I bought the chester squander and the MBP fits snug. If you have a crumpler store near you they have a sale 40% off.

9. Shawn Parr macrumors regular

I also have a Chester Squander, and like it quite a bit. Unfortunately I bought it before they had the 20% on the webstore (and I'm quite far from a b&m store)

10. mets1125 macrumors regular

Did you buy it from a crumpler store? If so I wonder if they will give you store credit. The store in NYC (8th ave) is having a sale for 40% off. I payed $62 for it.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I like the Timbuk line for larger notebooks. Just be sure to spend the extra cash on the strap pad.

12. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Nice looking bags and website, but didn't anyone QA their Product Browser?? Product selections are a moving target.

13. azharc macrumors member

Brenthaven Pro

+1 for Brenhaven.
    I have the Pro for my MBP 17"er and love it. Its already seen a lot of use (I'm an intl' student - so I just had to travel from NYC to India, Brenthaven was a pleasure to have).

PM me if you want to know anything specific.

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I have the Ogio "No Drag" backpack and it is great, but it has specific motorcycle-friendly features. Quality is very good.

I would go with Crumpler over Sfbags as their messenger bags have padded compartments for the laptops. You need to purchase a separate sfbags sleeve to pad your 'book.