Laptop Bags

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dontwalkhand, Jan 1, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

What kind of laptop bag do you guys recommend? I right now have an Init messenger bag that i carry my MacBook Pro in (as well as everything else that I need for the day such as wallet, gum, keys, cash, hand sanitizer, pens, paper, knife, flash drives, hard drive, etc).

I was thinking heavily about getting a Timbuk2 messenger bag, and protection of the MacBook Pro is real important as well, so a dedicated laptop compartment is a must, in case I accidentally bang it lightly into a wall or something.

I was also thinking about getting a suitcase, a metal one, kind of like ones you see on spy-movies ;)...as they have been known to have custom made interiors for your MacBook, charger, and any other stuff that one is known to carry with them.

....Also, since I am a guy who carries a bag (Yes, call it a man purse or murse if you must), no purses! What do you guys recommend? Shoulder comfort is a must as well, as I sometimes walk long distances, as well as up and down several flights of stairs day to day. I also don't want it to scream laptop inside, as sometimes I will leave it in a car for quick jobs etc.

2. chillfrilla macrumors member

bags are to much of a pain and hassle

get a nice backpack

3. iBrody macrumors 6502

4. srshaw macrumors 6502

5. lovish macrumors member

Only belkin... they are the best whether you want a bag or backpack... ( I have both :) ) no comparison to them.. strongly recommend belkin bags.. they have style,portibitity,space and are cool even after being black... :D

Love is eternal - Albus dumbledore

6. chillfrilla macrumors member

there garbage

get like INCASE or STM

7. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I have a be-ez LeVertigo 15''. It's a vertical messenger bag with a great design. Has a laptop compartment, but the rest of the bag might be a bit too small for all your carry on stuff.

Available at Amazon.

8. Longdrive macrumors member

9. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

for me, Speck shell inside of a Incase sleeve inside of a Jansport backpack.

10. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

I've got a Tom Bihn Brain Bag with a Brain Cell protective sleeve for my 15". It has been marvellous for carrying tons of stuff and protecting my Mac.

11. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

Another vote for Waterfield Designs. A Sleevecase is a nice way to go: add a flap and D-rings and you have both a sleeve and a minimal bag when you attach a strap. Top-notch materials and construction made in San Francisco, Believe It Or Not!

If you look at Timbuk2 bags with a separate internal laptop space that it will fit your MBP. For example, the stock small bags don't fit a 13" MBP while the small custom bag will accept a 13" MBP.

If you Google a Timbuk2 bag that you like you may find it at a better price from another retailer...

12. Elevon macrumors regular

I have a Incase backpack, kinda expensive but really nice padding and material =]

13. Kristofir macrumors newbie

I use a black compact Incase bag. It's stylish but neither obnoxious nor flamboyant. The interior could use some work, however. The pen holder slots are too stout, so most normal length pens fall out pretty easily.

I'd recommend it if you have a moderate amount of stuff to carry around.

14. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Booq Vyper inside a Chrome Citizen messenger bag here. Since I actually use it on a bike I don't do the poseur Timbuk2 messenger bags.

15. fjpgt3 macrumors newbie

16. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

Brenthaven is what I have. I like it because it's very minimalistic.

17. AppleWarMachine macrumors 65816

AppleWarMachine

I have a Brenthaven bag for my 15" MBP which I ordered through the Apple store based upon the user reviews. I am very pleased with this bag, as it has a spot for everything, is stylish and provides excellent protection for my MBP. It is a bit pricey for some, but my philosophy is "you get what you pay for" which is why I own a MBP. I also figure that $100 for a bag is not expensive for a $2500 laptop... IMO

18. MiMiN macrumors newbie

I have a 15" Crumpler. Very happy and satisfied; it's a very safe and comfy bag.

19. angpan macrumors newbie

I have a Booq Viper hardcase. I can use any bag, and know my Mac is safe.