Laptop Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by e.magnusson, Jul 19, 2007.

1. e.magnusson macrumors member

I got a carrying case for my brand new MacBook Pro (and its absolutely perfect, just to let you know) and I realized that the bag is about two or three inches bigger then my computer itself (which is a 15 inch) and I was just wondering it that will cause me any trouble as in like it flopping around and breaking. From what I can tell, the bag has really great protection around the edges and on top and bottom. So will it make any difference?

2. ANH25 macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro protection

It depends on what the bag you are carrying your MacBook Pro around is made out of it. If it is the usually polyester type of bag, I think you should be really careful. I bought a heavy duty bag from Shinza.com to carry my investment around in. I have a MacBook Pro and a MacBook 13.3 inch...both are doing great in the Shinza.com cases. If you email them they give you a discount code. They gave me student0707 for 20% off. I don't know if it is still good or not, but it is worth trying. :)

Good luck!

3. mac4life2007 macrumors newbie

Buy a PAQ carrying bag if you can find one

I bought a PAQ AS-309 for my MacBook and it works great! PAQ is number 3 carrying bag manufacturer in the world. It just does not have a lot of resellers in US. I know it is quite popular in Europe and Asia.

I was not sure whether I should get a bigger NA-001 in case I will trade in my MacBook for a MacBook PRO 17". But according to the spec, AS-309 should have enough room for the 17" in case I updgrade my MacBook in the future.