laptop cleaning service

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by quisguous, Aug 4, 2011.

1. quisguous macrumors newbie

quisguous

My company owns a lot of Apple laptops. On occasion a laptop changes hands and we need to clean it up before it goes to its new owner. It would be great to find a service that can do a professional and detailed cleaning job. Does anyone here know of a company that offers that?

2. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Post them to me; I will take care of them. Enclose cash (no checks) for $10 each plus return shipping information.

3. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

do u mean... more like a hygiene bacteria killing cleaning? or remove dust and make it all new cleaning? or both?

4. dsio macrumors regular

You know what the worst thing is, when you see someone else's laptop with a short curly hair peeking out from under the space bar, and you know exactly how it got there. This is why I buy new.

5. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

In all seriousness, do you have an onsite IT worker? If so, buy a couple of microfiber cloths, a screwdriver set, a screen cleaner, some air dusters and a mini-vacuum.

6. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

gross. just pray it's not pubic hair... LOL

7. dsio macrumors regular

The space bar... and Expose key, when you find a hair under either of those two it didn't come from anyone's head...

8. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Pretty much this. I spruce up all hardware before giving it them to the new guys.

And then every week I give my MBP a full detail :D

9. Criticalmass macrumors member

Criticalmass

Any I.T. Person should be able to perform this service for you. I do it all the time for my clients.

10. lindstedt56 macrumors regular

I dont know why your IT guy just doesnt do this. Its not that hard to use some cleaner and a microfiber cloth.

I dont think your going to be able to find a local company to do this. You could probally send them out for a good chunk of change.

11. quisguous thread starter macrumors newbie

quisguous

The guys at TechRestore said they'll do cleaning at $115/hr (their normal repair rate I gather), so it seems I have my answer.