Laptop Cooler... for my Lap

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Falk3r, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Falk3r macrumors newbie

Falk3r

So, I've read that the Enermaxus Aeolus is top notch as a desk-based laptop cooler... but what works well with a 15" MBP when I'm lounging on the sofa?

Thanks,
    - Falk3r

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I have an Akasa x2 fan cooler, it's metal and edgy and not comfortable at all on my lap.. I'm very interested in a new one as well..

3. qpid macrumors regular

Why not use a towel or something, the fans on the MBP are on the back so you wouldn't be blocking airflow with well pretty much anything you'd use

4. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    A towel would increase the internal temp I guess..

5. Falk3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Falk3r

I picked up a $20 piece from the local Target today... it's a cloth cover over a hollow rectangular-tube kinda thing... one side fits 15", the other 17" (supposedly) but it seems to be working alright. It's not so soft that the laptop sinks into it.

Obviously, it's not conducting any additional heat away from the laptop so it won't help cool the laptop... but it does eliminate the instances of getting scorched legs. Maybe I need to be wearing pants while watching TV and surfing the net? :cool:

6. harry454 macrumors 6502

7. macinsanity macrumors member

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

iLap. My sister has this thing from Crate & Barrel Kids? It's like a bean bag bottom with hard 1/3rd-inch wood thick surface on the top. Comfortable yet stable. Not really cooling, but leg protection.