Laptop crashed...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iitswhitney, Jun 27, 2008.

1. iitswhitney macrumors newbie

So I have a gen. 1 iPhone..
    I have all my music syced to it from my laptop.
    However my laptop just crashed and I have absolutely no music on my desktop.
    Is the only way to get new music onto the phone syncing it totally with the desktop and erasing all the songs already on it?
    That would definitely suck since I have 250 songs on my iPhone and only about 3 on my desktop right now.
    Thanks.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

What i do is SSH all my songs over.

Here is how i do it (and i hope you do this after typing it all out :rolleyes:)

1) Jailbreak your phone if it isn't already.
    2) Download WinSCP
    3) Install it.
    4) On your phone, go to settings, WiFi, Hit the blue arrow of the wireless network you are on, for the IP address, write down / remember the numbers. The 192.168.1.XXX will always stay the same. The last 3 will be different. For me, it's 192.168.1.102.
    5) Now when you are in WinSCP, for host name type in that IP address
    6) Username: Root
    7) Password: Alpine
    8) Then hit login. Make sure your home screen is on through out this whole process
    9) You might get a popup while connecting with this key thing. Just hit connect or whatever it is.
    10) Now, you are in your iPhone. Hit the file with the arrow that has ".." until it doesnt change anymore. This will mean you are in the home directory.
    (MAKE SURE YOU HIT THE HOMESCREEN IF IT GOES DIM, you will lose connection otherwise)
    11) Click private
    12) Click var
    13) Click mobile
    14) Click Media
    15) Click iTunes_Control
    16) Click Music
    17) Now you will see these files such as F00, F01, F02, etc. Go in those, and for everyone, copy all the songs, and paste them to a folder on your computer.
    Note: The songs will look like WXHD, FJHD, etc. When you put the songs in iTunes, iTunes already knows the name of the song, album etc. All you have to do is get the album art.

it's as easy as that.

3. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

if the songs were bought through itunes just plug in your iphone to your pc and set the itunes to manually manage music so it won't sync and erase your music. then you can download all the music from the device to your desktop. it only works like that if it is itunes bought music. otherwise ignore me and try something like the dude above me said

4. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

5. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

Try Tuneaid