Laptop desk: AirDesk?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Toe, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

Has anyone used an AirDesk and if so, do you have any feedback?

It seems like a good tool for my application, but I'd like some unbiased commentary on its utility.

Thanks!

2. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

I dunno about that. Every laptop stand similar to that that I've ever seen was garbage....You'd be better off with one of those little folding tv tables!

also their website looks like garbage, not that it says anything about their final product, but if they don't even want to take the time to present it nicely, you might draw the conclusion that they don't take the time to put things together nicely either.

3. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Toe

I don't always judge companies by their website design, especially small ones. Industrial design and web design are very different animals, and given limited resources, I'd prefer they put their money into development rather than marketing.

That said, the industrial design of this one looks better than "similar" ones I have seen (which I agree are junk). But all I know is what they say and what their images tell me… still hoping there is an actual customer out there somewhere able to provide some real-world feedback. Anyone?

4. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

My sister has used one for years, so I just gave her a call to see what her feedback might be. Here's what she said:

"I absolutely love it. It's phenomenal. The one thing to watch out for is that it wobbles a bit when you swing the laptop shelf around or move the laptop, so if you have a cup of liquid on the little extra shelf, it's apt to spill. Otherwise it's great."

She does admit to spilling "more than one cup of coffee" over the time she's used it.

So, FWIW, there's her take on it.