Laptop/Desktop Display Paradox

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BackInTheSaddle, Oct 2, 2007.

1. BackInTheSaddle macrumors regular

BackInTheSaddle

Howdy-

I am experiencing a display problem when switching between my Mac Pro (with Cinema Display) and my MacBook. When I use the MacBook, many applications like Adobe, Mac Mail, and others have their pop-up panels display partially or totally off the screen.

I use a large display (1920 x 1200) at home with the Mac Pro, but of course the MacBook resolution is much smaller. It seems like the apps are not recognizing the change in size. No amount of playing with System Preferences or reboots will fix the problem.

I use Chronosync to keep both computers updated when coming back from trips, etc. I'm wondering if I'm syncing a file that should not be synced in my Preferences folder, that might be causing the apps on the MacBook to not recognize the smaller display resolution.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, most of those settings for various apps are kept in your Preferences folder. Maybe stop syncing that folder. :)

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, try not syncing that folder, and let us know if that helps. but you might have to do something to fix it now though