Laptop For School

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fl3mez, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Fl3mez macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I will be attending university this September and was wondering if the new MacBook pros don't come out before then should I wait a couple of days (like wait till October) before buying any MacBook pro that's available because I hate when I buy a apple product and the next day a new one comes out, already happened with me with the 4th gen iPod (5th gen came out almost 2 weeks after. So advice would be nice, because I plan on maxing out the MacBook pro (1tb and all that fun stuff) so advice would be nice also if anyone knows if sky lake will be out before September that would be nice

Thanks!!!

2. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

If intel releases Broadwell cpus appropriate to the macbook pro in 2015, there is really no chance of a Skylake model by September. Their release dates may say one thing today, but they're likely to be pushed back. After those cpus are released, Apple has their own preferred times to update the line. As it is I don't think they'll bump the macbook pros again before Broadwell, at which time I plan to retire my current machine.